It’s true that change can be both exiting and hard to grasp. Instead of approaching the changes that are about to happen to your skin as a vague, big upsetting concept- I’ve created some steps you can take to help your skin through these shifts.
Here’s a breakdown of this blog post on IGTV
Find a baseline
No matter how in tune with your skin you may be, try this first step to gather information about your current state. This will help to bring yourself to the “now” of how your skin has been responding to the current season. Attempt to not criticize your skin. Honor where you are and the skin that has been protecting you.
- Stop and look in a mirror
- Either jot down or say out loud everything that you love about your skin
- Examples: I love the complexion of my summer skin. I adore the soft smooth texture of my skin.
- Next, examine what you’ve been struggling with over the summer
- Take note without trying to change it
Regular check ins
Now that you have a baseline to work with, it’s time to learn how to examine. Every day as you move through this seasonal shift follow this next step.
- At the end of the day when you move through your skincare routine
- Touch your face, notice any small changes from how your skin was behaving the day before
- Ask yourself: Is there excess oil? Are these breakouts new? Am I experiencing more redness?
- It’s not all bad. Also, notice the good changes. Has your complexion evened out? Are you feeling less texture?
Negative change is much easier to tackle on a small scale. This step will help you learn how to troubleshoot your own skin.
- Examine the negative changes and isolate the issue
- Example issues: Increased dryness. Irritation. Breakouts
- Try to make small adjustments like increasing moisturizer, doing toner compresses or touching your face less
- If you cannot pinpoint how to make an adjustment you can (1) check my blog posts to see if you can find an answer (2) send me a message via instagram and ask for help
Recognize when it’s time to ask
If you aren’t finding the answers you need through the suggestions above, try asking for help.
- This is the calm before the holiday storm that consumes our time and focuses on others, be sure to set time aside for yourself prior to that season
- Book a facial through my booking site
- Every facial is custom and we will adjust to exactly what your skin is experiencing on the day you come in.
- You’ll receive personalized tools to get through this seasonal change
You are not alone
Remember that I’m always here for you, and everyone is also experiences these seasonal skin changes. You can tune into your skin’s needs and find answers. Let’s make this seasonal change your best one yet for happier healthier skin.