During my time as an esthetician, I have heard a great many fears and misconceptions concerning facials. My hope is that this post can shine some light and share information to help you figure out if our skincare treatments are right for you. These treatments I have designed, will suit your needs free from unnatural techniques and products.
I think it is important to preface that every spa and esthetician has a different approach to client care. The Touch of Radiance approach uses effective botanical ingredients to address your skin care goals and holistic gentle treatments to ensure your relaxation. Thorough consultations are essential to make sure your experience is tailored to your skin.
1. Facial Treatments are painful
- Every feature of our protocol is consistent, but custom. That means that you decide the pressure of extractions, exfoliation and every mask is concentrated to your level of comfort. Every part of our protocol, outside what you chose, has been designed to be gentle and relaxing.
- We encourage communication and that means you are in control. We will always ask if you are comfortable, from how tight the head towel is wrapped to the intensity of the steam. Most of all, your comfort is our number one priority.
- Skincare products do not need to be painful to be effective. I have often heard the idea shared that masks/products need to feel active or uncomfortable to accomplish your skin care goals. I believe your skin knows what to do with natural ingredients. Furthermore, supporting your skin’s ability to process these ingredients with gentle encouraging products is key. If you are experiencing discomfort caused by products, you should it to be considered a red flag. In short, pain can be your skin’s way of warning you to steer clear.
2. Skin treatments leave you red and blotchy
- The truth is that relaxing rituals like hot towels, massage and steam can encourage circulation that may lead to redness. However, redness is not a bad sign because skin that is receiving healthy circulation is being nourished and collagen production is being stimulated! To be clear though, this specific type of redness should subside during or soon after your treatment is completed. If redness does not leave quickly, than you should contact your esthetician or health provider. Which leads me into the next bullet point.
- Everyone’s skin is different. This means that you can be allergic or sensitive to any ingredient (even natural ones), and we will work with you to help troubleshoot which ingredients bother your skin should this type of redness occur. If at any moment during your skin treatment you experience discomfort, always voice your concerns. If you are having an allergic reaction, quick removal can help to reduce the severity.
- As I’ve said before, our treatments are gentle. We do not use harsh chemicals or acids that will create lasting reactive redness.
3. Estheticians try to make you feel bad about your skin
- Most noteworthy, there is a big difference between healthy skin and perfect skin. I strive to give you the healthiest skin that will make you the happiest. What that means is that we will offer an honest skin analysis that highlights how we can help. Whether you want to move in the direction of our treatment suggestions is completely up to you. You have the final word on your treatment plan, and your wishes will always take precedence.
- We will never suggest a treatment or product we do not believe would benefit your skin or wellness.
4. Who knows what’s in these products
- We only use natural locally made products that are made with gentle, gluten sensitive, vegetarian and pregnancy/breastfeeding safe ingredients. I have carefully researched, tested and chosen each ingredient before being added to a product.
- If you have ever have a concern about an ingredient or technique, please ask and if you aren’t happy with the answer, we can always customize to make your experience as comfortable as you like. Education and communication are key ingredients for you to receive the best care we can offer, so ask away!
My goal is to provide an unforgettable experience where you can address all of your skin concerns free from judgement. This is your time and I understand that your time is important.
What can you can expect from a facial?
- Head-to-toe relaxation
- Consultation and analysis
- Therapeutic aromas chosen by you
- Natural products
- Skincare focus that you decide
- Custom masks
- Gentle and effective techniques
- A review & recommendations follow-up email
In conclusion, you should never have to be afraid of a skin treatment.
Check out our service page to get details about each of our treatments. I encourage you to ask questions and learn about your skin. Self-aware skincare is the most effective. We are always here to answer any questions you may have about our treatments. Fill out our contact page or leave any questions you have in the comments below.
What can you be doing from home?
Grab your free 10 ways to strengthen your skin download to learn how to support your skin, reduce signs of aging and relieve dry skin.