Cleansing is an essential part of any skincare routine, but how do you do it effectively? I’m all about using my products effectively so you can get the more out of every purchase. Moreover, here’s the steps you can take to turn a quick drive by wash into a full on cleansing ritual that will only take around three minutes.
- To begin, it clears away dirt, oil, makeup, environmental toxins and pore clogging debris.
- Helps cell turnover. Removing dead skin and making way for new skin cells is how to reduce rough flaky texture keeping your face silky soft. While you sleep your skin cells turn over faster, be sure to clear away that dead skin when you wake up!
- Even more exciting, cleansing encourages good circulation. Good circulation help stimulate collagen production reducing signs of aging and helping hold your skin’s structure.
- Last of all, cleansing creates a wellness ritual to help both mind and body.
What you need:
- Warm water.
- Gentle and effective cleanser that will remove all face makeup without being too harsh or drying. Try my Rose hip + Green Tea Cleanser.
- Clean washcloth.
This skincare ritual should only take about two minutes and should be practiced every morning and night.
Watch the video above if you are a visual learner!
- One- two pumps of cleanser on wet hands.
- Begin with your nose making small circles around the edges and onto the bridge.
- Next do larger circles on the cheeks.
- Breathe deep recognizing how the aroma of the cleanser makes you feel.
- Move onto your forehead using all of your fingers in circles upwards toward your hairline.
- Recognize how the sensation of your fingers on your skin feels.
- Circle down to your temples and follow your jawline until you reach around your mouth.
- Use upward motions to cleanser around the mouth, lip and chin area.
- Get an extra pump to do neck and décolleté.
- Lastly, remove cleanser with a warm wash cloth (the warmth makes all the difference). Use gentle upward motions.
- Rinsing with water. Healthy skin exists at a pH level of about 5.5 and water is around 6-8. Anytime you just use water you are throwing off your pH and not getting the de-greasing your skin needs. If your pH is thrown off for too long your skin may begin to call for help with reactions like dryness or breakouts.
- Using the same wash for you body as your face. Most body washes have harsh ingredients or ingredients that will not nourish just leave your face stripped of its natural oils.
- Exfoliating cleanser everyday. In addition to other issues, this can cause redness, excess oil, peeling, increased texture and spread bacteria leading to breakouts.
Now let’s be real, it’s hard to create a habit and ten steps seems like a lot. If you’re like me you also have kiddos running around and a million things pulling you in every direction. However, after you get your steps down this will take around three minutes (maybe less). Three minutes just for you, three minutes to re-connect and three minutes to remember that your body was made for these sensations. Guess what, you deserve to feel lovely in your own skin and cleansing can be the first step. Step into this ritual with me. You will absolutely see a difference in your skin if you add this ritual to your daily life.
What’s so special?
I am well aware that there are a great many choices when it comes to cleansers and not any one product is for everyone. Knowing that truth, I like my clients and tribe to chose for themselves with all the facts. Here are the facts about my skincare line.
Does not include:
- synthetic fragrance
- harsh ingredients
- toxic ingredients
- SLS or alcohol
- ingredients known to be unsafe for pregnancy/ breastfeeding
- specific ingredients known to aggravate acne
- synthetic dyes
- which are nutrient rich botanicals
- full of gentle and effective properties
- known to calm acne
- support your skin’s natural functions
- only use essential oils for aroma